The Prince Who was Promised
The restoration of the Prince locomotive continues apace. In the last blog I mentioned that I was planning on restoring the tender and painting the whole model as one to make sure the outcome was consistent.
I have completed the first two layers of the locomotive and added a coupler and some brass handrails to the tank to elevate its look and quality.
I have only added the coupling that came with the model to the front. I plan on replacing this with a Greenwich coupling soon, so that it is fully compatible with the rest of the rolling stock fleet.
The restoration of this ugly duckling is coming on a treat. I commented the other day that it may not be the best kit in the world or the best build but I love how this little engine is coming on and can't wait to get it finished to a satisfactory standard. More to come soon...
![]() |
| Reunited with the tender |
I have completed the first two layers of the locomotive and added a coupler and some brass handrails to the tank to elevate its look and quality.
![]() |
| Close up of the new details |
![]() |
| During the first running test after painting. |
The restoration of this ugly duckling is coming on a treat. I commented the other day that it may not be the best kit in the world or the best build but I love how this little engine is coming on and can't wait to get it finished to a satisfactory standard. More to come soon...



Comments
Post a Comment